Monday, November 30, 2009

Ruff'n Tough Texas

I really enjoyed the commentary "Texas Tough Hid" on Brenetta's blog. She had some good points about how the Texas government is . When I first got here, I surprised at how the government is ran. The state of Texas, like Brenetta stated, seems to be a big bully towards the people. If you are not apart of big business , then policies do not benefit you. The homes are extremely over priced , especially downtown. How is a 900 square foot run-down home $400,000? I think the worst part of home ownership in Texas is the high property tax. The high property tax is what has been kicking the elderly out of their already paid for homes. The whole situation is so sad. These people have lived in their homes for decades. Then, the government is resistant to pricing the homes at market value, and continue to hold prices high.
with that 10% rule.
I never really thought that having to give blood for a DUI was an invasion of privacy.Then, it could be argued that the breathalyzer test is an invasion of privacy. I am against the practice of giving blood strictly due to health reasons for both the diver and the police officer. It is not safe to be drawing blood in the dark, with a drunken volatile person in front of you. The police officer could get stabbed with the needle , and get a blood borne pathogen. For the driver it is not safe for them to get stuck with a needle in the dark without proper sanitation of equipment.

I totally agree with the Bernetta's argument about the tollways. Those tollways are very tricky and I have found myself on many that I got on, and then had to get off immediately and pay 75 cents. It is ridiculous! The whole purpose of the tollways is to pay for them , so that in time the tollway would become a regular road for everyone to use for free. Why are we still paying for them. Texas seems to have never ending tollways.

No comments:

Post a Comment